1 - 25 of 341 results
You searched for: Type: is exactly 'Document'
Refine your search
Refine your search
Subject
Type
  • Document
Date
Place
  • none
Item Title Type Subject Description Creator Date Property Name Street Pages Medium Condition
6981GXS Collection - EphemeraDocumentOtherFolder 26 Mount Desert Island Real Estate Co., share certificate for Geo. C. Ming dated August 23, 1888 for fifteen shares in capital stock. Folder 27 Maine a Place to Live, unidentified magazine cover, color image of a church. Folder 28 Picturesque Maine, an illustrated lecture, Edward C. Sweet, December 16, 1895, pamphlet with illustrations and images. Folder 34 Stereoview Bar Harbor, photographed and published by B. Bradley. Folder 35 Wall Street Journal article by John Wilmerding on American Art. Folder 36 Cover of "Town of Winter Harbor Maine Annual Report 1988". Folder 37 Maine Times article on "Maine Summer Colonies". August 2nd, 1985. Folder 38 "Maine Chapter of the American Institute of Architects" 1991 Design award competition. Folder 39 Article on early history of Mount Desert Island. Folder 42 Invitation card showing a reproduction of watercolor “Mark and Andrew’s Island from Deer Isle, Maine, 1920” by John Marin (1870-1953). The invitation is to the artist's opening on June 24th, 1998 at the Colby College Museum of Art, Waterville and is sent by the President and Trustees of Colby College and the Museum’s Board of Governors. Folder 44 Several Through Bills of Landing belonging to H. G. Eaton and A. M. Carter: - Portland, Mt. Desert & Machias Steamboat Co., Dr. to Little Dear Isle (1899, 1900, 1901) - Bangor & Bar Harbor Steamboat Co., Dr. (1990) - Islesboro, Castine & Belfast Steamboat Co., Dr. (1902). Folder 48 1 Invoice: “James A. Robinson & Son. Manufacturers, Sellers & Retail Clothiers” Bangor, Maine 5/12/1897. Items sold to E. J. Russel 1 Receipt: Bar Harbor, 8/10/1885 for Mr. Lee for the amount of $6.00, signed by Mr. Ash.
Description:
Folder 26 Mount Desert Island Real Estate Co., share certificate for Geo. C. Ming dated August 23, 1888 for fifteen shares in capital stock. Folder 27 Maine a Place to Live, unidentified magazine cover, color image of a church. Folder 28 Picturesque Maine, an illustrated lecture, Edward C. Sweet, December 16, 1895, pamphlet with illustrations and images. Folder 34 Stereoview Bar Harbor, photographed and published by B. Bradley. Folder 35 Wall Street Journal article by John Wilmerding on American Art. Folder 36 Cover of "Town of Winter Harbor Maine Annual Report 1988". Folder 37 Maine Times article on "Maine Summer Colonies". August 2nd, 1985. Folder 38 "Maine Chapter of the American Institute of Architects" 1991 Design award competition. Folder 39 Article on early history of Mount Desert Island. Folder 42 Invitation card showing a reproduction of watercolor “Mark and Andrew’s Island from Deer Isle, Maine, 1920” by John Marin (1870-1953). The invitation is to the artist's opening on June 24th, 1998 at the Colby College Museum of Art, Waterville and is sent by the President and Trustees of Colby College and the Museum’s Board of Governors. Folder 44 Several Through Bills of Landing belonging to H. G. Eaton and A. M. Carter: - Portland, Mt. Desert & Machias Steamboat Co., Dr. to Little Dear Isle (1899, 1900, 1901) - Bangor & Bar Harbor Steamboat Co., Dr. (1990) - Islesboro, Castine & Belfast Steamboat Co., Dr. (1902). Folder 48 1 Invoice: “James A. Robinson & Son. Manufacturers, Sellers & Retail Clothiers” Bangor, Maine 5/12/1897. Items sold to E. J. Russel 1 Receipt: Bar Harbor, 8/10/1885 for Mr. Lee for the amount of $6.00, signed by Mr. Ash. [show more]
6889Life-Saving Station 1, Cranberry Isles, MEDocumentStructures, Other, Life Saving StationCopies of Wreck Reports from Life-Saving Station located at Cranberry Isle District No. One. These were from the U.S. Life Saving Station at Little Cranberry Island before it became The U.S. Coast Guard in 1913. The station was discontinued in 1946. Ted SpurlingFranklin Stanley1880-1996photocopies
Description:
Copies of Wreck Reports from Life-Saving Station located at Cranberry Isle District No. One. These were from the U.S. Life Saving Station at Little Cranberry Island before it became The U.S. Coast Guard in 1913. The station was discontinued in 1946. Ted Spurling
6888Woman's Literary Club CollectionDocumentThe records in the Woman’s Literary Club Collection includes manuscripts, typescripts, letters, annual meeting notes, scrapbooks, news clippings, photographs, meeting programs, photographs, and some objects. Belle Smallidge Knowles and Stella P. Hill, two college-educated women living in Northeast Harbor in the early 20th century, thought the community could benefit from a woman’s club. The Woman's Literary Club of Northeast Harbor held its first meeting in 1908 and quickly gained membership. Club members actively wrote papers (many award-winning) ranging from poetry to local family histories and biographies of famous artists. Members also participated in community improvement projects, and attended state and national women’s club meetings. The club disbanded in 2000 due to dwindling membership.17 boxes (11 legal-size document boxes, 3 record carton boxes, 4 flat storage boxes)manuscripts, typescripts, letters, annual meeting notes, scrapbooks, news clippings, photographs, meeting programs, photographs, objects
Description:
The records in the Woman’s Literary Club Collection includes manuscripts, typescripts, letters, annual meeting notes, scrapbooks, news clippings, photographs, meeting programs, photographs, and some objects. Belle Smallidge Knowles and Stella P. Hill, two college-educated women living in Northeast Harbor in the early 20th century, thought the community could benefit from a woman’s club. The Woman's Literary Club of Northeast Harbor held its first meeting in 1908 and quickly gained membership. Club members actively wrote papers (many award-winning) ranging from poetry to local family histories and biographies of famous artists. Members also participated in community improvement projects, and attended state and national women’s club meetings. The club disbanded in 2000 due to dwindling membership. [show more]
6882Union Somesville Meeting House Services ListsDocumentSchedules and service bulletins for the Union Somesville Meeting House, part of Mount Desert Larger Parish.1944, 1946, 1947, 1949
Description:
Schedules and service bulletins for the Union Somesville Meeting House, part of Mount Desert Larger Parish.
6881Union Congregational Church of Seal Harbor Services ListsDocumentOrganizations, ReligiousSchedules of services held in the summer at the Union Congregational Church in Seal Harbor.1936, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1946, 1947, 1949
Description:
Schedules of services held in the summer at the Union Congregational Church in Seal Harbor.
6880Union Church Property DeedDocumentOrganizations, ReligiousA copy of the deed signing over property to be used for erection and maintenance of a church to be called "The Union Church of Northeast Harbor".Samuel Gilpatrick12-17-1887photocopy
Description:
A copy of the deed signing over property to be used for erection and maintenance of a church to be called "The Union Church of Northeast Harbor".
6879The Union Church Summer Worships ListsDocumentOrganizations, ReligiousCards listing Sunday service dates and speakers for summer seasons. 1904 1906 1928 1930 1933 1936 1941 1942 1944 1946 1947 1948 1949 1955
Description:
Cards listing Sunday service dates and speakers for summer seasons. 1904 1906 1928 1930 1933 1936 1941 1942 1944 1946 1947 1948 1949 1955
6878Contributors to Union Church 1886-1891DocumentOrganizations, ReligiousPamphlet list of contributors the Union Church of Northeast Harbor. Letters of Mr. Vaughn, Treasurer, calling in subscription fees.Association of the Union Church11-23-1887; 10-1-18912 letters and 1 pamphlet
Description:
Pamphlet list of contributors the Union Church of Northeast Harbor. Letters of Mr. Vaughn, Treasurer, calling in subscription fees.
6877Programs from Union Church Services in 1962DocumentOrganizations, ReligiousPrograms from Union Church, a postcard dedicating Wadsworth Park, a card with list of ministers for 1955, and scanned copy of a woodcut by Augustus Phillips used for Christmas service.4 programs
Description:
Programs from Union Church, a postcard dedicating Wadsworth Park, a card with list of ministers for 1955, and scanned copy of a woodcut by Augustus Phillips used for Christmas service.
6876Centennial Worship Service of The Union ChurchDocumentOrganizations, ReligiousBrochure of the 100th Anniversary of the Union Church of Northeast Harbor, a program of events, and a commemorative hymn by Robert, Miriam, and Louisa Pyle.7-167-1989pamphlet and papers
Description:
Brochure of the 100th Anniversary of the Union Church of Northeast Harbor, a program of events, and a commemorative hymn by Robert, Miriam, and Louisa Pyle.
6875Annals of the Union Church SocietyDocumentOrganizations, ReligiousHistory of the Union Church and10 pages (2 copies)typescript
Description:
History of the Union Church and
6873First 50 Years Union Church of Northeast Harbor:DocumentOrganizations, Religious7/16/1939164 pamphlets
6485Meeting notes of the Sunday Evening ClubDocumentOrganizations, ClubHandwritten notes of the secretaries of the Sunday Evening Club in Northeast Harbor. Members met weekly to promote the moral and religious welfare of the community.F. I. Phillips1920's
Description:
Handwritten notes of the secretaries of the Sunday Evening Club in Northeast Harbor. Members met weekly to promote the moral and religious welfare of the community.
6031Somesville Kindergarten CollectionDocumentOrganizations, SchoolTeachers records, daily schedules, and lists of students & parents of the winter and summer kindergarten classes held mostly at the church parish hall in Somesville. Several Photographs are included.1962-19842 folderspapers, photographs
Description:
Teachers records, daily schedules, and lists of students & parents of the winter and summer kindergarten classes held mostly at the church parish hall in Somesville. Several Photographs are included.
6030Seal Harbor Water Company Consumers IndexDocumentOrganizations, CivicCatalogs payments to the water company by residents, alphabetical by residents' last name.1953cards in a metal Remington Rand Kardex
Description:
Catalogs payments to the water company by residents, alphabetical by residents' last name.
6028Seal Harbor Fire Company Minutes & NotesDocumentOrganizations, CivicBox 1 Minutes, Member List, Accounting 1902-1941 Minutes, Members List, Accounting 1942-1959 Minutes, Member List, Accounting 1958-1977 Box 2 By-laws and Constitution Monthly Attendance 1991-1994, Balance Sheets 1995, Guy MacCrae Resignation letter 1995, Miscellaneous Paper and Treasurer Notes Minutes 1984, 1985 Minutes 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989 Minutes 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995 Minutes 1993, 1994 Minutes 1995, 1996 Minutes 1997, 19991 boxledger books, papers, photographs
Description:
Box 1 Minutes, Member List, Accounting 1902-1941 Minutes, Members List, Accounting 1942-1959 Minutes, Member List, Accounting 1958-1977 Box 2 By-laws and Constitution Monthly Attendance 1991-1994, Balance Sheets 1995, Guy MacCrae Resignation letter 1995, Miscellaneous Paper and Treasurer Notes Minutes 1984, 1985 Minutes 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989 Minutes 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995 Minutes 1993, 1994 Minutes 1995, 1996 Minutes 1997, 1999
6024Sandy Point (Northeast Harbor) and Long Pond SchoolsDocumentLists of student names and ages, along with agent's names in School District 7 - Sandy Point School, later Northeast Harbor School, and the Long Pond School in Seal Harbor. Copied from Accession Number 3219 compiled by R. Smallidge.1864, 1871, 18721 foldertypescript
Description:
Lists of student names and ages, along with agent's names in School District 7 - Sandy Point School, later Northeast Harbor School, and the Long Pond School in Seal Harbor. Copied from Accession Number 3219 compiled by R. Smallidge.
6023Samuel Eliot Morison CollectionDocumentRear Admiral Samuel Eliot Morison (1887-1976) was a lifelong Northeast Harbor summer resident. He donated to the library his collection of nautical charts that were used in researching The European Discovery of America (1971)—Samuel Eliot Morison Map Collection. Collection includes manuscripts, typescripts, newspaper clippings, photocopies, letters, and pamphlets written by or about Samuel Eliot Morison.1 record carton boxmanuscripts, typescripts, newspaper clippings, Photocopies, letters, and pamphlets
Description:
Rear Admiral Samuel Eliot Morison (1887-1976) was a lifelong Northeast Harbor summer resident. He donated to the library his collection of nautical charts that were used in researching The European Discovery of America (1971)—Samuel Eliot Morison Map Collection. Collection includes manuscripts, typescripts, newspaper clippings, photocopies, letters, and pamphlets written by or about Samuel Eliot Morison.
3935Northeast Harbor Water Company CollectionDocumentBox 1 Correspondence: 1 folder Meeting Minutes: 1 folder Charter/Acts/Deeds: 1 folder Stockholders: 1 folder Financial Records/Reports: 1 folder Maine Franchise Tax Reports: 1 folder Accounting Reports: 1 folder Company Inventory: 1 folder Correspondence Regarding Joy Contract: 1 folder Trustee Indentures: 1 folder Company Mortgage/Deed: 1 folder Attorney Reports: 1 folder Deeds and Paperwork Regarding Lower Hadlock Land: 1 folder Public Utilities Commission Petitions and Accounts: 1 folder Lot Maps and Water Main: 1 folder Maps: 1 folder Report on Lower Hadlock Pond Dam and Associated Work Report on Improvements to Water Supply Box 2 Various Deeds, Indentures, and other legal documents between the NEH Water Company and local land owners2 boxespapers, plot plans
Description:
Box 1 Correspondence: 1 folder Meeting Minutes: 1 folder Charter/Acts/Deeds: 1 folder Stockholders: 1 folder Financial Records/Reports: 1 folder Maine Franchise Tax Reports: 1 folder Accounting Reports: 1 folder Company Inventory: 1 folder Correspondence Regarding Joy Contract: 1 folder Trustee Indentures: 1 folder Company Mortgage/Deed: 1 folder Attorney Reports: 1 folder Deeds and Paperwork Regarding Lower Hadlock Land: 1 folder Public Utilities Commission Petitions and Accounts: 1 folder Lot Maps and Water Main: 1 folder Maps: 1 folder Report on Lower Hadlock Pond Dam and Associated Work Report on Improvements to Water Supply Box 2 Various Deeds, Indentures, and other legal documents between the NEH Water Company and local land owners [show more]
3934Abstract of Remarks by President Eliot at the Annual Meetings of the Village Improvement Societies of Northeast and Seal HarborsDocumentOrganizations, CivicCharles W. Eliot19119typescript
3933Northeast Harbor Village Improvement Society Record BooksDocumentOrganizations, CivicBox 1 Meeting Notes, 1912-1943 Meeting Notes, 1943-1943 Box 2 Annual Reports 2nd-33rd2 boxes
Description:
Box 1 Meeting Notes, 1912-1943 Meeting Notes, 1943-1943 Box 2 Annual Reports 2nd-33rd
3931Northeast Harbor Library Correspondence and Financial documentsDocumentOrganizations, Civic, LibraryBox of miscellaneous correspondence and financial documents of Northeast Harbor Library1940'spaperfair
Description:
Box of miscellaneous correspondence and financial documents of Northeast Harbor Library
3930A bibliography of historical materials concerning Northeast HarborDocumentOrganizations, Civic, LibraryBibliography of materials belonging to the Northeast Harbor LibraryRobert R. Pyle19928 typed sheetspaper
Description:
Bibliography of materials belonging to the Northeast Harbor Library
3929LeasesDocumentOrganizations, Civic, LibraryLeases signed between the library and Neighborhood House, Paraids in Bar Harbor, 2 for units at 4 Tracy Road, and for basement space in Vittoria McIlhenny's home in 2006 during the building of the new library.2006paper
Description:
Leases signed between the library and Neighborhood House, Paraids in Bar Harbor, 2 for units at 4 Tracy Road, and for basement space in Vittoria McIlhenny's home in 2006 during the building of the new library.
3928DisbursementsDocumentOrganizations, Civic, Library1951-1954 1957-19631951-19632 volumesledger book
Description:
1951-1954 1957-1963